I have wanted to do a bracelet for a while. To be honest I held back from making one because I thought the project would be too big for me. But rings and bracelets are probably the two types of accessories I tend to use the most so I said to myself that when I find a picture or a stone that I would like as a centerpiece, I would make myself a bracelet.
A while later while skimming through some art magazine, I came across the works of Spanish artist Fernando Vicente. I knew immediately that I had found what I was looking for to use in my bracelet. Going through Vicente’s work, I was amazed at what I saw. His anatomy paintings are just ingenious and I had a hard time choosing which image to use as my focal image. They are just all so beautiful and to make it even better they are already drawn inside a circle, which means no cropping!!!
I settled for this image, which is called “Presentimiento” from his “Vanitas” collection. I like that the work is somewhat eerie but it still looks so beautiful.I made the cabochon and did a simple bezel around it. I used some of the beautiful turquoise seed beads but since I didn’t have enough for all three components I was making I had to alternate it with the green faceted beads from the bead gallery, which was lucky because it added a lot of sparkle.
The focal points in the two side components are from these stud earrings that I just cut the backs off. I used the same design that I had done to go around the element to make the piece cohesive.
After that I had to figure out how to connect all the pieces together. I wanted a three-strand bracelet but the spacer and the clasp that I had on hand had 5 holes in them so I just had to make the adjustments to be able to use the pieces I had. After everything was connected together I did a picot edge around all the three pieces so that they would have a nicely finished edge.
LIST OF MATERIALS USED
- 35MM CLEAR GLASS DOME CABOCHON
- SILVER LINED OPAL BLUE/GREEN SEED BEADS SIZE 6/0
- TRANSPARENT MEDIUM SEA GREEN AB SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- MATTE TRANSPARENT DARK SEA GREEN SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- METALLIC DARK OLIVE GREEN SEED BEADS SIZE 11/0
- TRANSPARENT GOLD AMETHYST SEED BEADS SIZE 15/0
- 4MM GLASS FACETED BEADS IN PARROT FROM THE BEAD GALLERY
- 4MM HOWLITE DYED TURQUIOSE BEADS
- GREEN SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL EARRINGS
- BRONZE SPACER BARS AND BRACELET COMPONENTS ALL FROM MICHAELS
- LACY’S STIFF STUFF
- GREY ULTRASUEDE
- FIRELINE THREAD 0.006 IN CLEAR